Hey, Trainers! This month’s Community Day focuses on one of the original 151 and its Island cousin: Sandshrew!
Sandshrew is the first Pokemon I ever caught in a Pokeball back in the late 90s while borrowing my friend’s Blue Version Cartridge. You never forget your first capture and the excitement of snagging this roly-poly little chonk sent my life down a very particular path. As such, I’m pretty excited to snag some shrews!
The date is Sunday, the 13th of March, 11:00am till 5:00pm.
Bonuses we can expect are:
Now, if you’re thinking to yourself “I vaguely thought we’d already had some kind of Sandshrew Community Day?” you’d be almost right! Back in the before-times of 2018, before the pandemic, Niantic actually gave us Sandshrew as a potential option for one of their Choose Your Own Adventure-style Community Days. The options were Squirtle, Weedle, Sandshew, Gastly and as such, Sandshew is the only one of these to not have gotten their time in the spotlight.
As such, you can find my Spotlight on them Here!
The only new information on offer is that the Stats have changed since 2018 because of the addition of Level 50. New Stats are as follows:
- Kantonian Sandslash Max CP: 2684, Attack 182, Defense 175, Stamina 181
- Type: Ground
- Fast Attacks: Metal Claw, Mud Shot
- Charge Attacks: Rock Tomb, Earthquake, Bulldoze (Night Slash)
- Alolan Sandslash Max CP: 2750, Attack 177, Defense 195, Stamina 181
- Type: Ice/Steel
- Fast Attacks: Powder Snow, Metal Claw
- Charge Attacks: Bulldoze, Gyro Ball, Ice Punch, Blizzard (Shadow Claw)
And there you have it, Trainers! As always, I wish you all the best of luck.